In preparation of the coming semester, Cece and I have found a new place to live and began decoration plans! And every DIY or decorating project we do will be shared right here so you can use our ideas that are specifically suited for dorm dwellers and renters with bold style.
After seeing the room, I knew immediately I wanted to gold accents, so I bought a couple cans of spray paint and I have been spray painting ALL THE THINGS.
Which brings us to our very first project: These lovely refrigerator magnets!
This is the perfect project for lazy people who like pretty things.
You will need:
- Alphabet Magnets. I got mine for $2.50 at Walmart and ended up buying two packs.
- Gold Spray Paint. Also from Walmart, $3. Just be sure you get one that “also bonds to plastic”!
- Spray Painting surface (cardboard box)
- Take the letters out of the package and line them up all pretty on your spray painting surface, outside preferably.
- Spray paint ALL THE THINGS.
- Keep a few feet back. If you are too close to the letters, they will blow all around.
- Walk in a little circle around the letters with your spray can to make sure all the edges are good as gold 😉
- Let them dry. Make a sandwich, watch a movie.
- Inspect them for spots you may have missed and touch them up.
- Play with your new toys!
Whether you live with your kids, roommates, or lover, everyone is going to have a real good time making silly messages on the fridge.
Isn’t it amazing how quickly they went from childish to classy?